Barbara Light, Director of Adults Services, 718-954-3128
Julia Dweck & Rachel Sultan – Co-Chairpeople
Nurture your body, mind, and spirit at your “Home Away from Home!”
The Center provides a nurturing social environment for mature adults of all ages and stages. It’s a place to socialize with old friends, develop new ones, and stay active in a vibrant community. Stay fit with numerous exercise, yoga, or dance classes tailored to meet the needs of every level of fitness, age, and body type. Exercise your mind in our discussion groups, educational seminars on health and wellness, conferences and cultural activities. Join the fun at our celebrations, day trips, and cultural activities.
Senior Adult Membership
• You must be 65 years or older.
• Provide proof of age and a written doctor’s note stating your ability and/or restriction to exercise, swim, travel, and participate in Center activities
• Make an appointment with Senior Adult Staff and fill out an intake application including emergency contact information.
• Annual dues (July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016):
Individual membership: $19/month; Couple membership: $35/month
Administrative fee for first time members: $10
To use the swimming pool and take water exercise classes, there is a one-time only Building Fund.
Your Membership Entitles You To:
• Use the Senior Adult Lounge to socialize with your old friends, make new friends, and play a game of cards, mah-jongg, backgammon or chess.
• Exercise in the 2nd floor Fitness Center;
• Attend discussion groups, film showings, and “stay-well” seminars on health related topics;
• Pay special member prices for day trips such as boat rides, fall foliage trips, museums, mansions, parks, shows, and cultural destinations. We also offer mid-week overnight excursions at excellent group rates, coordinate all inclusive travel arrangements and prepare or arrange for Glatt Kosher meals;
• We throw the best parties around! Come to birthday parties and celebrate Chanukah, Purim, and Mother’s & Father’s Day with a 3-course Glatt Kosher lunch, wonderful music and dancing. Commemorate holidays such as Tu B’Shvat, Lag B’Omer, Yom Hashoah and Yom Ha’Atzmaut;
• Attend Classes such as Yoga, Aerobics, Tai Chi, Gentle Chair Exercise, Israeli Dance, Arts & Crafts, Crochet, Women’s Water Exercise, Men’s Exercise, Journal Writing, and Discussion Groups.
Watch for flyers with details and schedule. For up to date information, call the Senior Adult Class Hotline at 718-943-3131.
Trip Cancellation & Refund Policy
The SCC reserves the right to cancel any class if there is insufficient registration. If a class is cancelled, you will be notified and your credit or refund will be processed automatically. Please allow 4 weeks to receive your refund. If you cancel your participation 10 days prior to the departure of the trip or class, a $25 administrative fee will be deducted from your refund. If you cancel within 10 days (inclusive of Shabbat) you will receive a 50% refund. There are no refunds after the departure of the trip. There are no refunds for unused tickets. All requests for refunds must be made directly with the staff member in charge.